Give Your Paddling Some Purpose
Planning to huck off some waterfalls this spring? We thought so. And if you needed any motivation to up your vertical — this is it. Every foot you plummet will benefit First Descents, a kayaking camp for young adults with cancer
EddyFlower proudly presents the fourth annual “EddyFlower Vertical Challenge”. The competition is simple: you and your paddling buddies drop as much vertical as possible in 32 days and, to give your paddling purpose, the challenge involves raising funds for young adults with cancer. At the end of the event, the team in each division with the most vertical feet is crowned champion.
- Vertical Challenge kicks off in the East at Sunrise March 15 and closes sunset April 15. In the West it opens at sunrise May 15 and closes sunset June 15.
- Open to all paddlers (kayakers, rafters, canoers, riverboarders).
- Compete for prizes in one of six divisions (Open, Class V, Class IV, Class III, Weekend Warrior, Womens) that best match your team’s skill level.
- Donations raised go to First Descents a kayaking camp for young adults with cancer.
- $34,424 funds raised for First Descents
- 1,182,276 vertical feet paddled equal 40 sea-to-summit trips on Mt. Everest
- 43 teams from 13 states
- 182 competitors
- $15,000 in prizes
- 1,389 eligible runs in 31 states
So, give your paddling some purpose this spring and get out there!
PHOTO Courtesy Andy Maser